Veale Gardens is part of the Adelaide Parklands throughout and surrounding the City of Adelaide, and is located in the South Parklands surrounded by Greenhill and Peacock Roads, South Terrace, and Sir Lewis Cohen Avenue. The gardens can be entered by entrances on South Terrace.
Veale Gardens is named after William Charles Douglas Veale, who was Adelaide’s Town Clerk from January 1947 to November 1965, and close friend of mayor A. C. Rymill.
Featuring a garden of roses with over 50 varieties of rose on display, the gardens include two rose beds containing the City of Adelaide rose, located at the South Terrace entrance, and Queen Adelaide rose, located at the corner of South Terrace and Sir Lewis Cohen Avenue.
There are many walks through the parks taking you through gardens of water features, past the greenhouse, and through more lush shady areas.
More Photos Coming soon……
The gardens are also home to the Adelaide Pavilion restaurant and function centre, and is a popular location for weddings and wedding photography shoots. ( Venue Photos Coming Soon… )