Off peak wedding photography – The affordable wedding photography option in Adelaide
If you are searching for affordable wedding photography in Adelaide, we have many options for you. We talk to a lot of couples that want to know when and where the best times and places are to get married. Many are unaware that by carefully selecting an “off peak” wedding time, they can save a lot of money. This results in having more money to enjoy a more extravagant wedding and celebration, with countless options available.
In Adelaide, Saturday is by far the most popular day for a wedding. Additionally, October and November are the months that fill up quickly. On the other hand, it is rare for a wedding to be held on a weekday. The winter months like June and July are also normally not in demand. While they are not popular, there are many reasons to utilise these “off peak” times.
Why get married on a weekday or during winter?
Weddings can be very expensive, which is why it is important to run to a strict budget. If you are finding it difficult to stick to your budget, selecting an “off peak” time could get you back on track. If you decide to have your wedding on a weekday, you can be discounted by up to 30%. With the ceremony, reception and vendor all heavily discounted, you can splash out on the additional features you’ve always wanted like flowers and photography.
Unfortunately, prime weekends and weddings are like bargains at a big sale, they get snapped up immediately. If you are a little behind with your wedding planning and now have to wait 2 years for the weekend in the prime seasons you wanted, try shifting it to a weekday. You will still enjoy the beautiful weather you planned for, just on a weekday.
Holding your wedding on a “off peak” day allows you to extend the celebrations. If you plan your wedding for a Monday, then you can enjoy pre-wedding events during the weekend before. Conversely, plan your wedding on a Friday and have the weekend to recover.
Have you been dreaming all your life about a summer wedding on the beach? Perhaps it’s a ceremony in a vineyard followed by a dinner under the stars. Of course, these types of weddings rely on the season. If you have left planning late and now can’t find a weekend free in your preferred season, a weekday option may be your saving grace.
Not only are weekend weddings cheaper but travel is also cheaper on a weekday. If you are planning a destination wedding or have relatives interstate, it can be a lot cheaper for your guests to travel.
We offer a range of affordable wedding photography packages in Adelaide, with discounts outlined below.
- Monday to Thursday all year – 20% off *
- Winter – June, July and August – 15% off *
- Fridays and Sundays all year – 10% off *
- Saturday is the unluckiest wedding day according to English folklore. This fact is pretty ironic, considering it is the most popular day of the week to marry.
- In English tradition, Wednesday is considered the “best day” to marry, although Monday is for wealth and Tuesday is for health.
- Back in the 1500s, June was a popular time to marry for a very peculiar reason. With baths a yearly event, most people would take their annual wash in May. Therefore, June was considered a good month to marry as most people were still smelling pretty good. To ensure the brides were smelling fresh, they carried a bouquet of flowers to hide their body odour.
*Not valid with any other discounts, Kiss Package or public holidays. Destination weddings are at full price, but I may wave the travel costs.
For more information about our affordable wedding photography in Adelaide, call Glenn on 0424 554 764.